It is not always necessary to attend the surgery as the Doctor or Nurse may be able to help you over the phone. If they are not available when you call the Receptionist will arrange for you to be called later that day. Please try to call early in the morning if possible.
The Practice Nurses can be seen only by appointment Monday to Friday.We offer the following services:
Blood Pressure Check
- As advised by the Doctor or Nurse
- When the Healthcare Assistant/Phlebotomist is not available
Cervical Smears and Women’s Health
- Eligible female patients will be invited for routine cervical smears.Women up to the age of 35 will be recalled every three years. Women over the age of 35 will be recalled every five years. A Well Woman check can be requested at the same time.
- Normally given when attending Baby Clinic but can be arranged at other times if more convenient.
Chronic Disease Monitoring
- You may be invited for regular checks if you have long term problems such as Diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or asthma.
- We advise the use of olive oil drops in the ears for 10 days prior to an appointment as this may avoid the need for syringing. There is a leaflet on ear care available in Reception.
Flu and Pneumonia Vaccinations
- Flu appointment clinics are set up during October and November for all patients over 65 and those at risk with chronic disease. We are also able to offer Pneumonia immunization for patients over 65 years of age or with chronic disease.
- The surgery is equipped to perform a range of minor surgical procedures.
- For patient wanting to stop smoking, one to one support and advice can be offered on a regular basis by Annabel McEune or Sarah Beasley. A range of therapies and services offer choice suited to individual needs.
Weight, Diet and Exercise Advice will be given to promote a healthier lifestyle.Wound Care, including wound dressing and removal of stitches and clips.